Ward Legal Group PLLC
Corporate / M&A
The Ward Legal Group offers counsel to a variety of corporations and businesses at all stages of development to assure the integrity of the corporate form and to help our business clients develop and grow.
12801 N. Central Expressway Suite 460 Dallas, TX 75243
Corporate / M&A
The corporate/M&A practice at Ward Legal Group has an international presence, provides a seamless and integrated approach, and is one of the most substantial in the profession. We are positioned at strategic intersections in the global economy, with a strong local presence in key capital cities.
Our firm provides full-service corporate counsel to facilitate the structuring, financing, and successful completion of domestic, international, and cross-border transactions including but not limited to:
In particular, the Group provides services in the following areas:
- Structuring and drafting employment, consulting and noncompete agreements, and drafting and providing advice regarding various types of stock option and other equity incentive plans, employee stock savings plans and other employee benefit plans.
- Start-up and growth planning, including identifying and structuring an appropriate legal entity, assisting in the preparation of business plans and structuring and drafting agreements among stockholders and partners.
- Securities law compliance and advice, including structuring the terms of corporate stock, partnership interests and other securities; representation in connection with the offer and sale of securities, including drafting private offering documents and federal and state securities law compliance; negotiating and structuring venture capital investments, debt instruments and other financing relationships; representation in initial public offerings; and securities law compliance by public companies.
- Intellectual property services, including procuring, licensing and enforcing patents, trademarks and copyrights; counseling with respect to patentability, validity and infringement issues and developing strategic alliances.
- Negotiating and structuring corporate partner relationships, acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures, distribution arrangements and franchising relationships.
- General business representation, including advice in connection with bank loans, leases and other business contracts.
Private Investment Funds
Since the work of our funds clients is not finished when the fund closes, neither is ours. We address the ongoing needs of our clients by providing the following services:
- Determining the proper structure for onshore and offshore funds
- Domicile selection
- Drafting comprehensive offering and organizational documents, including private placement memoranda, subscription documents and partnership agreements
- Acquisition and sales of minority and majority stakes in sponsor entities and purchase by secondary investors of portfolios of private fund interests
- Tax counseling
- Preparation of investment management agreements
- Negotiating prime brokerage, administration, custodian, and other third-party service provider agreements
- Seed and strategic investor transactions
- Fiduciary obligations and side letters
- Drafting compensation agreements
- Compliance rules and regulations of SEC, FINRA and other regulatory agencies
- Advice regarding blue-sky laws and other applicable state regulations
- Assisting institutional investors with due diligence
Ward Legal Technology Transactions, Licensing and Commercial Contracts group attorneys frequently help clients with regard to:
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Collaboration and co-development agreements
- In-bound and out-bound patent and technology licenses
- Third-party arrangements with employees and consultants
- Manufacturing and supply agreements
- Distribution and reseller arrangements
- Branding and marketing arrangements
- Business process outsourcing arrangements
- Nondisclosure agreements
And Much More...
If you have any questions regarding a legal matter, you can get started by either sending us a message by clicking here. If you have never worked with Ward Legal Group and have questions regarding a current case, feel free to schedule a Free Case Consultation. We look forward to hearing from you!
Our team consists of market leaders in corporate legal issues relating to the economies of both developed and developing worlds with particular strength in the areas of: